Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Grew My Own


Here's a stone that should kill a coupla birds. First, most of my readers probably already know that I am indeed not the latin lover type, in spite of my online pseudonym. Mauricio was a mechanic at the banana plantation in Gabriel García Márquez's One Hundred Years of Solitude. I am a standard-issue white boy. He was followed everywhere by a cloud of little yellow butterflies. I am swarmed by them only when I stick a cabbage plant in the ground.

Second, the photo above is my contribution to lowbrow cycling's facial hair fetish, best documented over on HTATBL and by Hurl. Other examples include Nano, Patch, Tarik, Tex and King Tony.

The balance of the Big Dummy review is coming, but I've been really busy and am waiting on a couple of parts. Soon, my pretties.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh crap! I'm lowbrow?

Michael Lemberger said...

If you're here, the answer is yes.